When a manufacturer goes through the CE marking process, they will usually apply the relevant European harmonised standards to help them meet the legal requirements set out within the Directives. Where the standards are being used for items in series production, it is important to keep up to date with the latest standard, as they can change over time.
One way to do this is to keep on top of the changes to the list of harmonised standards, and when a list is updated, to check to see if the standard(s) you have been using are still the latest version or not.
Harmonised Standard updates for May 2016
- Recreational Craft Directive
- Medical Devices Directive
- Machinery Directive
- ElectroMagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive
- In-Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Medical Devices Directive
- Active Implantable Medical Devices Directive
- Low Voltage Directive (LVD)
If you need any support with changes to any CE Marking Standards, then please contact us on 01564 792349.
Comments are closed.