CE Marking under the Machinery Directive Workshop
1 DAY WORKSHOP
The CE Marking Association are specialists in CE Marking and product compliance. We can offer you a wide range of compliance and training services to help you to understand and meet your legal obligations with regards to CE Marking and product compliance.
This workshop will cover the general requirements for meeting the CE Marking obligations of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. The workshop is aimed at companies who manufacture, import or distribute machinery for sale within the European Economic Area (EEA).
The key aims and objectives of the workshop are:
- To enable your product to be assessed under the Machinery Directive for sale throughout the EU.
- To enable you to perform a risk assessment of your product.
- To be able to identify and apply relevant standards.
- To reduce your company’s exposure to EU litigation.
- To understand the differences between the old Directive 98/37/EC and the NEW Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- An introduction to EN 62061 and EN ISO 13849-1 and understanding the differences to EN 954-1
- What manufactures and importers of machinery must do to apply the CE mark under the Machinery Directive.
CE Marking under the Machinery Directive
- The Definition of Machinery
- ANNEX IV Machinery
- ANNEX V Safety Components
- Procedures for assessing the conformity of machinery
- Procedure for partly completed machinery
- The Conformity Assessment Procedures ANNEX VIII, ANNEX IX, ANNEX X
- The Technical Documentation
- Risk Assessment
- The Essential Health and Safety Requirements of the Machinery Directive
- Presumption of Conformity
- Harmonised Standards
- The Declaration of Conformity
- The Declaration of Incorporation
- The CE Mark
Risk Identification, Management & Assessment
- Undertaking a Risk Assessment in accordance with the Machinery Directive.
- Risk Reduction methods including Risk Assessment Exercise.
Introduction to Safety Related Control Systems
- Understanding of the purpose, requirements and realisation of the safety related parts of control systems & assessing the required performance in relation to the risks. EN 62061 & EN ISO 13849-1. Understanding the new terminology including SIL and PL.
Workshops are held at our training facility in Bordesley Hall, Alvechurch, Birmingham.
In-house training also available, please contact us on 01527 595066 for more information.
Standard Price: £325 per delegate.
Member’s Price: £245 per delegate.
(All prices exclude VAT)
Not a member? Find out more…